One side-effect of last week’s ever-so-virtuous clearing out of seed packets is that I now have a socking big pile of seeds I know I don’t have room for yet I know I will sow regardless unless I give them away to someone else.
Cue this year’s CG Big Seed Giveaway!
Please save me (and my garden) from myself by taking some seeds off my hands. They’re all in date (by which I mean packeted or collected in 2011 or later), quite a lot of them are very covetable and I will blame you for the piles of unwanted seedlings on my compost heap and the subsequent hand-wringing and lamentation that will follow if you don’t make me send them to you instead.
So here you go: choose what you want out of this lot (rules follow a bit further down the page):
Honey Bee Flower Mix UK Native Wildflower Mix (2 packs) Miriam Rothschild’s Wildflower Meadow Mix
Bupleurum rotundifolium Nasturtium ‘Mambo’ Nasturtium ‘Orange Troika’ Sweet pea ‘Ballerina Blue’ Hollyhock ‘Halo Mixed’ Sunflower (unnamed variety) Helianthus maximiliani (perennial sunflower) Coreopsis ‘Incredible Dwarf Mixed’ Poppy ‘St George’ Poppy ‘Pink Fizz’ Pansy ‘Morning Dew’ Gaillardia ‘Arizona Apricot’ Antirrhinum ‘ReminiScent’ F1 Pansy ‘Cool Summer Breeze’ Californian poppy ‘Peach Sorbet’ Cornflower ‘Classic Fantastic’ Petunia ‘Sparklers’ Hesperis matronalis (sweet rocket)
Tomato ‘Rainbow Blend’
- Tomato ‘Moneymaker’ (
21 pack) Tomato ‘Santeramo’ F1
- Tomato ‘Gardeners’ Delight’
Tomato ‘Sweet Aperitif’ Chilli ‘Chenzo’ Chilli ‘Hot Cayenne’ (2 1 pack) Pepper ‘Sweet Californian Wonder’ Squash ‘Sweet Dumpling’ Squash ‘Potimarron’ (2 1 pack) Courgette ‘Sunstripe’ F1 Martock beans (5 4 3 2 1 pack) French climbing bean ‘George’s’ Salad leaves ‘Rocky Top Lettuce’ Lettuce ‘Great Lakes’ Bulb fennel ‘Di Firenze’ Lettuce ‘Ashbrook’ Cabbage (mini savoy) ‘Caserta’ F1 Brokali ‘Apollo’ F1 Cabbage (mini) ‘Mon Petit’ F1
…and a bit of both:
Double pack of Sweet Pea ‘Royal Family Mix’ and Tomato ‘Maskotka’
How to claim your free seeds:
- comment below giving the names of the seeds you want
- then send an email to sally dot nex at btinternet dot com confirming your request and giving me an address to send your seeds to
- I’ll update this post regularly giving details of what’s gone and what’s left
- the giveaway will last for a week, until 1 February: follow me on Twitter (@sallynex) for updates
- if you enjoy growing your seeds, please blog about them later in the year if you can!
- no more than 10 packets of seed and no more than one packet of the same variety per person.
- first to place their order in the comments below gets the seed
- sorry but the offer is only open to UK respondents